Wednesday 25 April 2018

Mind Map





My idea for the sensory experiences topic is to explore a range of diverse sensory experiences. I think the most organised way and in order to fit them into the time available for the project is to divide these sensory experiences into three categories (1)diminished/weakened, (2) everyday/normal and (3) extreme/extraordinary. Then for each of these categories, I will create images that evoke a range of physical sensations which are transferred to us through our five senses, sight, smell, hearing, taste and touch. This is represented in the mind map by the 5 arms coming from each of the three categories. For the diminished category, I think the most immediate ideas that come to mind are those relating to being blind or wearing spectacles for sight and being deaf for hearing. I have noted other ideas on the map which I am considering for the other senses. For the everyday experiences, my initial thoughts are to use the fragrance from flowers for smell, the taste of food and the sounds of musical instruments would be good to illustrate this. This is shown in the branches of the map alongside other ideas I am thinking about. For the extreme category, I will focus on the sensory experiences of animals other than us, as evolution has provided some of them with fantastic extraordinary sensory abilities. These include; snakes ability to taste chemicals in the air with their tongue, dogs highly developed sense of smell, the ability of owls and geckos to see in the dark, the capacity of the chameleon to rotate each eye individually to see different views and for cats to use their whiskers to touch their close surroundings. There are other examples from this category that I have mentioned in the mind map and I will need to research thoroughly before deciding on which will be the most effective to select to convey and evoke the sensory experiences of in my images. By exploring a diverse range of physical sensory experiences I can highlight the differences in the intensity and way in which the world can be experienced through our senses.




My idea for the unexpected perspectives topic is to firstly take as wide a variety of ways of looking at subjects as I can think of. These will including Birds -Eye, Dutch, Laying down, Wide angle close up, Upside down, First Person, Sideways and Child-like. Some examples of these perspectives I could photograph are the skies when looking up or everyday routines of people, or for sideways this could be someone walking and for childlike this could be the perspective they look up at. I will then use these different perspectives and consider which subject will work best , I will probably choose from animals, household objects, streets or bodies or a combination of these. I will try to ensure the perspectives I take my images at are novel, unique and different so that the viewer is surprised by them and would not anticipate them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Work Record 7: Extreme Sight and Hearing

Plans for shoot    In this shoot I plan on continuing the previous shoots focus on capturing images of extraordinary sensory experi...